May 8, 2014

Families are Forever

 
With Mother's Day coming up, I have been reflecting on what a joy it is to me a mother.  My family is the most important thing in the world to me.  The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints released a proclamation on the importance of the family.  You can read it here. This document touches my heart every time I read it. It helps me realize how important our families are and how important it is to live the way Jesus wants me to live.  It also encourages me to keep the covenants that I have made through baptism and through the ordinances of the temple.

For members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, the temple is where are families become forever families.  No cameras are allowed inside a temple once it has been dedicated because it is a sacred place where we help keep ourselves unspotted from the world.  Only worthy members of the church can enter. A member must hold a recommend, which is signed by their ecclesiastical leader that confirms worthiness to enter the House of the Lord. Nothing that is done inside a temple is secret, only sacred.



 
Aaron and I were married in the temple pictured above.  We were married on June 20, 2003--almost 11 years ago now.  It was a beautiful and peaceful ceremony.   When a faithful Latter-day Saint couple gets married, or sealed,  in a temple, it is a sacred ordinance that binds the family together for time and for all eternity.  We get to be with our families forever.  What a powerful blessing this is.  It is also a powerful reminder to continually live the gospel and strive to be more like my Savior.  I want to do nothing to jeopardize me being able to live with Aaron, Miles, and whatever children we bring into our family through adoption forever.  I felt that there would be no greater backdrop for our family pictures than a temple. About a month ago, a dear friend took some family pictures for us in my hometown.  The backdrop for a lot of them is an LDS Temple.   Here are some of my favorites:




 



No comments:

Post a Comment